Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Time to Relax and Enjoy Some Simplicity

Today is Ash Wednesday.  The marks the beginning of the Lenten season. It's a season of repentance, reflection, and fasting... a spring cleaning of sorts... ...a cleaning that purifies the clutter that has accumulated in our souls.   I grew up loving the season of Lent as a child in the Catholic Church.  I got away from the traditions and rituals for the past  few years since I became a member of a Protestant Church.  I realized last year....I miss the Lenten traditions I grew up partaking in!  

Therefore, this year I am going to be engaging more in the preparatory season of Lent. Fasting is one of  the spiritual disciplines of the Christian faith.  It is the practice of self-denial. I will be practicing self-denial by  not watching Television (all forms) & stalking on Facebook.  Two huge time wasters in my life!  I am looking forward to all the things I hope to embark on and accomplish with this extra time; as well as,the ability to declutter my brain from all the media.  I am going to be reading a couple of good books: One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp & The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity by Sally Clarkson.  Also, I want to organize areas of my life, like our office.  Additionally, I am training to run the Resurrection Run 5K the day before Easter.  

All in all, I think it is a great success so far.  It got me to start blogging again!  

As for a little life update, Ella is 19 1/2 months old.  She has her first cold.  Boo:(  However, this does make my very active little girl a bit slower and more snuggly. She is such a delight and joy.  She is talking up a storm.  She love to be outside playing and has recently started to sings songs.  Right now, her only song consists of singing the momma and daddy song while strumming Shea's guitar.  Side-note, she closes her eyes while singing.  It has got to be one of the cutest things we have even seen!

 I am 14wks pregnant with our second baby.  I am now ending the dreadful first trimester and beginning to feel like myself again. Thank you Lord!  My energy and appetite are returning slowly.  I am so much more aware of what is happening to my body this time.  I believe I am starting to feel little flutters all ready with this little one! 

I am still able to stay home full time with Ella!  Thank you Lord!  It has been such a joy and delight.  I have been privileged to be able to help out one or two days a week with the wonderful Neff family.  I get to help them with their homeschooling and make sure they eat lunch.  Ella benefits greatly from this situation; she has become their younger sibling....or so she thinks.  She loves and adores them!  She would move in with them.  

Shea is wrapping up his second full year of Youth Ministry!  He is great at what he does!  He challenges the students to live real authentic lives of faith and to make their faith their own.  I am so proud of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment